Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Deadlift 5x5


Deadlift
5-5-5-5-5

Result: 50kg, 55kg, 60kg, 65kg, 70kg.





Photo courtesy of Pushmore

Started off pretty easy with bodyweight lifts which I've done before. It was quite comfortable for the 1st 5 lifts and could do a few more reps. (but that wasn't the purpose of the workout!).

When 65kgs came in, my back was starting to feel tired after all the prior lifts and had decided to take a slightly longer break before kicking off 65kgs. Had re-adjusted my knees and hip position to be slightly backward to allow more quad engagement rather than a strict straight-legged DL which utilizes more hamstrings and glutes. o.O

70kgs was preeeeetttyyyyy stretchy too. My alternate grips were giving up on me and I broke it up into 3-1-1 with just a bar release to shake off arms and quick pick up again! My lower back felt like popcorn waiting to be microwaved!

Ooh..I can so feel the back now!! But it feels great!!! Will do this in future... this time I gotta hit 75kgs!

No comments:

Post a Comment