Pages

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Run and Bust Your Shoulder

4.2km Run : 23:21

Then,

Deadlift 3-3-2-2-1-1-1
70kg, 75, 80, 85, 90(F), 90(F), 87.5

Then,

In 15 minutes, complete as many rounds as possible of:
5 Kettlebell Push Jerks @ 24kg/16kg
7 Box Jumps @ 24"/18"

Result: 12R + 1 (BJ @ 24")

What an emo day it was. The final push jerk almost busted my shoulder. Thank God it didn't!

The run was pretty good as I was carrying a backpack of about 3kgs in good weather. Feet were feeling fine in this short distance. Quads were starting to feel the strain/tightness by the time I completed the run. It was alright to feel some pain in the quads but not each and everytime I ran!

Deadlifts were good to start, but horrible to end! 2 failed attempts at 90kgs. Why? I don't know. Couldn't pull through the shin! In fact I already knew my legs weren't as strong as expected after running the 4.2ks. I knew I would find a slight challenge in the lifts. I just stuck through. The last lift of 87.5kgs, I held my breath, pulled and spent at least 3 secs at the shin area before I could clear the 1st lift! WTF! My face was red, I was seeing stars, I was short of  breath and I just collapsed on the floor after the final rep! Damn happy I made that rep! :D

Then, the WOD. Where my shoulder almost busted.

My legs were already DEAD to start with. But nevermind. JUST DO IT! Before starting, I was already contemplating on the weights to use as I was feeling quite beat. My gut told me "Be very carfeful. Dangerous weight selection of 16"...but yeah, since I was SO stubborn, I just did it.

Box jumps were okay, felt confident. Yes, CONFIDENT! The Push jerks were the evil twin sister. I could so feel my shoulders struggling through the last few rounds. After the 12th Round, I went for the next PJ. Racked the weights up, jerked up, and dropped the weights back to rack....and...KRAAAK.

Dropped the weights to ground and stopped there. Didn't care how much time was left. My left shoulder just went bust. "why the EFF did I do that last rep for? You so freakin knew...you KNEW yet you still did it". I found trouble...

Well, I'll observe it for the next 48hrs to determine the next course of action. Within this period, I'll be doing abit more mobility exercises and no pressing movements. Good for me :)

What a blessing in disguise as I can then focus on Happy Feet. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment